m&j wrote a review
Me and my bf went here for our pre-Valentine's Day celebration and I can say that it was really worth it.
We were greeted right away by their ever so bubbly and hospitable server, Rico. He would gladly guide you to your table and offer their must tries.
For our appetizer, we tried their Pate de Foie. It's really yummy! I'm not really fond of pates since I don't like eating liver, but Viuex Chalet's version really changed my mind. It tastes more like sausages that were mashed and turned it into a pate.
For our main course, we tried their Osso Buco and their Rosti. The Osso Buco was heaven! The meat was so tender that you don't even need a knife to get it off the bone plus its sauce was also very tasty. Their Rosti wasn't bad either. That traditional Swiss potato pancake tastes good when paired with the Osso Buco. I say that these 2 dishes are a must try!
And since we were enjoying our food so much, we just can't help but also try their desserts. That night we went for their Mango Flambe and their Banana Flambe. It was good but I don't find it super special unlike their main course. But then the ambiance of the place just makes you enjoy whatever food you're eating.
Viuex Chalet is definitely a must try if ever you're in the Antipolo area. If you plan to go on a lunch time, you'd have an easier time finding the place and you'll see more of the view overlooking Ortigas, Makati, and Pasig areas. On the other hand, when you plan to go there for dinner, make sure you go up Antipolo when it's still a bit bright especially if it's your first time here. Maybe around 4-5pm will do. Another good thing is that the ambiance gets more romantic with all the yellow lights in the place, and it's really nice to look at the lights in the city below with the cool breeze.
With the service, the ambiance, and the food, I give Viuex Chalet a thumbs up! This is a perfect place to relax with friends or families, or a romantic date with your special someone.
Here's the directions from http://vieuxchalet.tripod.com on how to go there:
* If you re coming from Ortigas Center, you can take Ortigas Avenue going up to Antipolo.
* Taktak Road To Ortigas Avenue Extension.
* Turn left before the island. Then you hit another island across which is a gas station USA88.
* Turn left before the island. It is the first corner. Then keep driving but take the right side because the road forks once more.
* Drive down the road and you will see the Ark of Villa Christina.
* Go through the ark and drive down keeping left. You will see immediately the Purok Sampaguita gate.
* Go in and keep moving on the road to turn right at the second corner.
* Drive up into this winding road past Villa Cristina resort and soon enough you will see Vieux Chalet's road stand signboard. We are at the first corner to your left. You can call 697-0396 for further info.
* You can also take Marcos highway heading for Masinag Market (way past the Sta. Lucia commercial complex).
* Once you hit Masinag, turn right into Sumulong Highway. The road winds up to Antipolo City passing Valley Golf, Good Shepherd Retreat House, Richdale, MMLDC training Center, until you hit the first corner - that's the circumferential road of Antipolo.
*Turn right. This heads for Hinulugang Taktak. Just before you get there, the first corner to the right is the road with the Villa Cristina Ark.
* Turn right into it and this would take you to the Purok Sampaguita gate, and follow directions as above.
5 years ago 2009-02-19